Wednesday, August 12, 2009

i did it! i did it!

Day one down!

My boyfriend put together my new elliptical last night! Day-ummm that thing is hard! I wasn't expecting to it be... But i guess i'll go in chornological order first.

Okay, after my boyfriend put together my elliptical I knew that I wanted to do the first day of my transFIRMation (i can't get over the corniness of that name!) So i opted to do the firm that night and the elliptical in the morning.

So last night was my first night of the transFIRMation. I did the 45 minute Hi-Def Sculpting workout without weights. The only thing i didn't do last night was one of the abs segments. It was a really good workout without making you feel like you just died inside. Tonight is the "Cardio Party" but I have to figure out when I'm going to do it since I committed myself to going to a picnic after work today. Not the point... the point is i'm excited!! wahoo!!

This morning I woke up at about 630 and did 10 minutes on the elliptical. Now, like I was saying, that thing is HARD! The resistance is actually really tough! The sad part is... It's clearly not gym quality... which means I feel a little like i'm too heavy for it. I know I'm not... But it's just not as strudy as the ones at the gym (but that's to be expected...) I need to work out the kinks and figure out what all the buttons mean... but other than that, doing 10 minutes was a definite challenge! I'm really impressed.

Afterwards I ate BREAKFAST!!! -- I've been trying to train myself to eat breakfast more frequently since I'll need to do that once school starts up again (plus, it's just healthy.) And now I'm full. And I'm interested to see how long until i'm hungry again... Like, lunch hungry. But I have my blueberries to snack on, so I should be fine.

I am, however, extremely tired. The morning workout did give me a little extra boost of energy, but it really didn't last too long. Now it's an hour into my work shift and all i can think about is a nap! Not to mention even before working out this week I've been taking 2 -3 hour naps every day. Hopefully this boost of energy that working out is supposed to give you will kick in sooner rather than later... I need it.

So the Firm also has this guarentee that you'll see results by the 10th work out... The truth is, I believe them. And that belief is making my motivation go up! In my planner I have written each workout for the day and how many days away from "results" i am. Currently I am 11 days away including the resting days! 11 days! That's very exciting!

Another thing that I like about the Firm is that these girls are not stick thin. Some of them still have super thick thighs. Some of them have really round butts. So that makes me believe that they are normal... and not gimicky. Which is nice and reliable. The girl that did last night's workout however, messed up quite a few times by directing us to do things via her voice which contradicted her actions. But, that's not a terribly big deal. Oh well. And my back is tight, but not like i can't/refuse to move ever again. So i'm good!

So that's what i've got. I've got an elliptical workout going on in the morning. And I've got a Firm workout going on most nights. Plus I'm doing the points again. Which I think is working out great! I'm realizing how much I eat and things like peanut butter and jelly that seems harmless really is actually about 13 points! Only using 24 points a day, that's over half my allotted points!

So yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment